Monday 29 July 2013

Inspiration: Colour / movement / India








My r&r time is now over, i'm back to designing. I'm looking to move my designs on but maintain my original theme of movement and colour. I'm gathering my inspiration before I start working on some development techniques such as photography, hand printing, dying and shabori. Dying is a technique I'v wanted to play with for a while, but I haven't had enough time to commit to it fully. So here I am. I'm going to experiment with each of the above techniques in layers, colours & try to manipulate each technique to show new forms. I plan to spend the next few days researching then the gloves are on. I'm VERY excited about all of these colours! 

The bottom picture (above) looks like the Holi Festival in India. I actually did a weave project about this festival in my first year of Uni, the colours are out of this world. So much natural vibrancy in India, so rich in colour. I smell a follow up blog post coming on!

images sourced (via pinterest) from: www.douban.com - weheartit.com - http://sun-stones.tumblr.com - pinterest.com


No comments: