Saturday 9 March 2013

Design update: screen printing and surface technique



art, design, textile design, screen printing, painting, studio, design blog, zara hilton, interiors, fashion, design development






I have been spending a lot of time in the studio at Uni over the past couple of weeks, playing with various design techniques. I have played with screen printing using matt lacquer, disperse dyes and standard binder. I have also combined screen printing and working back over this with hand painting. I am trying to create a flat surface that appears to be layered with depth to my colour palette; a result that always seems to get lost when you digitally develop. So I am working by hand on my surface designs until I get the desired surface. What do you think? 










No comments: