Tuesday 16 November 2010

Kahori Maki



two words...amazing talent. Kahori Maki is a subject I have been researching as part of one of my modules, the brief being to search for inspiring artists that relate to art & textiles...fortunately for me I staggered upon Kahori who is formally known as a Japeanese Illustrator. She uses only black, white, grey and the occasional brief passing colour...Her work is dark but not depressing, it is alive but not overly illustrated. UNIQUE. She uses a media range from paint, video, installations to drawing. She has worked for Levis, Macdonalds,EllE (Tokyo, Dover ST Market, Chanel & Vogue to name just a few that you may recognize.

Kahori is talked about a LOT on the net and I can see exactly why. Have a look onine at her own site..she is weaves a web of intrigue. Im hoping she is exhibiting in the UK sometime in the near future.......lets watch this space.

http://www.k-maki.com/main.html

No comments: