Thursday 6 January 2011

Japane-asy

Currently keeping me on my spindly toes is the beautiful art of Japanese drawing, I have been looking at ancient and new, observing the technique,colours and media used in Japanese drawings. In three words I would describe the Japanese technique as precise. influential. beautifully balanced. (ok that was four words!). Iv found that old and new have managed to maintain the same single philosophy, that cultural heritage of Japan is always shown to be appreciated, none of the work is westernised..congrats to the Japs.

So, here are a few of my own pieces, all of which are a few developments of Japanese drawings that I have pondered. This is my very first upload of my work...be gentle.

*all original pieces were found in Bamboo in Old Japan, Martin Brauen, Arnoldsche. P192/193*

No comments: